Hello! It’s been quiet around here for a long time. I didn’t feel like I had much to say or share and so I went into hibernation. But now? Now I have lots of things to share, pictures to show you and recipes I’ve tried that I feel like I should share. And it’s all coming at you from our new home in New Jersey. Goodbye West Coast living and hello East Coast. I think once we get to know one another a bit better we’re going to be really good friends. Right now though my heart hurts and I miss Colorado terribly.
So for now while I get my bearings straight and get settled here is something that I have been loving!
One of my MOST FAVORITE new discoveries is the Project Life App by Becky Higgins. I’ve been feeling so far behind on my PL’ing this year because of all the packing and moving and things being in storage…which is where they still are. Then the new app got released and I’ve been a scrapping machine! I think that I am still a fan of doing everything by hand but when I’m this far behind I’ve found it super easy to catch up. I can’t wait to embellish all the digital pages though! Here are a few pages I’ve made using the app. Can’t wait to print them and get them in my album. Happy Friday!
1. New job this week! So much fun. I love working with kids and teaching them new things. Their faces when something clicks is just priceless. Plus who wouldn’t love playing with play doh, shaving cream, crayons and markers?
2. It is FINALLY cool! I had my first hot coffee drink in months. AND it was a pumpkin spice latte with whip. Pure bliss.
3. On my way home from teaching a class on Wednesday I randomly drove by the farmers market area to happily see that there was a market. Then I bought peaches, apples, green beans, cucumbers and tomatoes. Yum. I love the produce during summer time. I am 100% ready for fall weather but NOT loosing the produce.
4. Current food obsession: Bruschetta. I can not get enough. And the bruschetta scene in Julie and Julia always makes me smile.
5. Current tv obsession: Friends on Nick at Nite. So much happiness. And so many laughs tonight. I’ll win at Friends trivia one day (ahem…)
6. We’ve survived a week of being a one car family. And we’re both still alive and kicking. Phew.
7. Four day work weeks rock. Spending Monday by the pool and continuing our great weekend was wonderful.
8. I’m determined to make a pie tomorrow. With pie crust from scratch.
9. Current Beer Obsession: Chainbreaker White IPA from Deschutes Brewery (so yummy and I’m not an IPA fan usually.)
10. I used our mandoline tonight to slice potatoes to grill in foil packets. AND I successfully managed to do so and keep all of my fingers in tact. Woohoo!
11. Are you ready for some football?! I’m so excited that football season is back. Go Bears!
Hope you have a great weekend 🙂 I plan on soaking up the sun, hitting the farmers market and hanging with the husband and friends. What are you up to?