Happy Friday! I am so excited it’s the weekend and I even had a short week this week. This girl needs some sleep!
1. I. Got. A. New. Camera!!!!!!! Tuesday night I was on my way home from teaching and I spied a huge going out of business sale in the window at Wolf Camera. I pulled into the grocery store parking lot and started calling to find out if they had “my” camera in stock and if it was on sale. They did not so I spent the next 10 minutes calling every Wolf Camera until I hit the jackpot. It took 45 minutes of pestering the husbands phone until he called me back and confirmed it was a steal. I flew to my car, drove as quickly as I could to scoop him from work downtown and then flew West. We arrived at the store with 2 minutes until close. SO HAPPY!!!!!!
2. The leaves are changing! It’s early here in Colorado but I am looking forward to a trip to the mountains to see the Aspens (and play with the new camera!!) Plus I love the mountains so any excuse to get up there makes me happy.
3. I tried two new recipes from pinterest this week for dinner and they were both so good! This chicken recipe from the other night as mentioned and then the awesome zucchini recipe pictured below. I subbed ground turkey since that’s what we had in the freezer and it was delicious and so easy to make. Really great paired with a quick Cesare salad. The sauce from the chicken dish got re purposed for lunch the next day and tossed with some quick boiled pasta and frozen peas and was a win. I love when leftovers can make a whole new meal. Doesn’t quite feel like leftovers. Next time I will add more mushrooms for sure.
4. I want to make salsa but I have no motivation to do it now. I am also torn–do I make salsa to be canned? Or do I make a big batch to share with friends this weekend? I have some yummy farmers market tomatoes and jalapenos that are calling out to be used. Suggestions? Recipes? Help!
5. I LOVE coffee. Love going out to breakfast/brunch and wrapping my hands around a steaming cup of hot coffee. Love going to Starbucks and ordering a latte or a coffee. I even love making it at home and having a big pot to enjoy throughout the day (not that I should do that…ahem. lack of sleep?!) Starbucks is like crack. I don’t know what it is about it but it’s addictive. I’ve cut back to once a week, hopefully soon to be 2x a month or less. My wallet will thank me. I don’t think it will be hard to do, especially since I found this recipe for pumpkin spice lattes at home. And that’s truly the ONLY reason to go to Starbucks right now 🙂